- Pluto is 30% smaller than the Earth’s moon.So is called a dwarf planet.
- It orbits around the kuiper belt where the comets are.
- The surface is in extremely cold conditions.
- Distance from the sun is 3,670,050,000 miles (5,906,380,000 km).
- Length of year is 90,553 days.
- Length of day 153 hours and 18 minutes.
- Minimum temperature -387 degrees Fahrenheit (-233 degrees Celsius).
- Maximum temperature -369 degrees Fahrenheit (-223 degrees Celsius).
- It has a hurricane like storm similar to the the red spot on Jupiter.
- The atmosphere is also made of methane which gives the planet its green blue color.
- Distance from the sun 2,795,084,800 miles (4,498,252,900 kilometers).
- Length of year 60,190 days.
- Length of day 16 hours 7 minutes.
- Average temperature -353 degrees Fahrenheit(-214 degrees Celsius).
- Uranus spins in an axis which points towards the sun.
- The atmosphere is made of methane which gives the planet its green blue color.
- Distance from the sun 1,783,939,400 miles (2,870,972,170 kilometers).
- Length of year 30,687 days.
- Length of day 17 hours 15 minutes.
- Average temperature -357 degrees Fahrenheit(-216 degrees Celsius).
- Saturn is also a gas giant mostly Hydrogen and Helium.
- The fast winds in the upper atmosphere combined with the rising heat causes the planets Yellowish gold banding.
- It is one of the windiest plant.
- The distance from the sun 885,904,700 miles (1,426,725,400 kilometers).
- Length of year 10,759 days.
- length of day 10 hours and 39 minutes.
- Average temperature -288 degrees Fahrenheit(-178 degrees Celsius).
- Also known as the Jovian Giant.
- It is the largest planet in our solar system.
- The atmosphere is mainly Hydrogen and Helium which sort of resembles the sun.
- Distance from the sun 483,682,810 miles (778,412,020 kilometers).
- Length of year 4331 days.
- Length of day 9 hours and 56 minutes.
- Average temperature -234 degrees Fahrenheit (-148 degrees Celsius).
- Asteroids are rocky remains from the formation of the solar system about 4.6 billion years ago.
- There are millions of asteroids in the belt.
- The asteroid belt is between Mars and Jupiter.
- The size of the belt is estimated about a few hundred feet and a few hundred miles in diameter.
- There about four different types of asteroids so far known:
- Ceres these are the largest that they were classified as dwarf planets.
- Gaspra are made up of rocky and metallic minerals.The surface is covered with impact craters which is estimated 200 million years ago.
- Vesta are the third largest it has a very complex surface.
- Eros is the only asteroid with a very odd shape and it is also found out side the main a asteroid belt.
- Comets are clumps of rocks and cold dirty ice.
- They orbit very close to the sun but some of them go past Neptune called the Kuiper belt.
- As the comet goes past the sun it melts a away a bit so a mixture of dust and gas is pushed from the comet by the solar wind.
- The long tail is called a coma.
- The tail always points away from the sun.
- Also known as the red planet.
- This is a small rocky planet with volcanoes, meteor impacts, shifting of the tectonic plates and gigantic dust storms.
- Distance from the sun 141,633,260 miles (227,936,640 kilometers).
- Length of a year 687 days.
- Length of a day 24 hours 37 minutes.
- Minimum temperature -125 degrees Fahrenheit (-87 degrees Celsius).
- Maximum temperature 23 degrees Fahrenheit (-5 degrees Celsius).
- This is our home planet and the only planet which inhabits life.
- It has air, water and land.
- Distance from the sun 92,955,820 miles (149,597,891 kilometers).
- Length of year is 365 days, 6 hours and 16 minutes.
- Length of day 23 hours and 56 minutes.
- Minimum temperature -126 degrees Fahrenheit (-87.8 degrees Celsius).
- Maximum temperature 136 degrees Fahrenheit (57.8 degrees Celsius).
- The atmosphere is made of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and 1% of other gases.
Venus and Earth are similar in size, mass, density, composition, and distance from the sun.This planet is also known as Earth’s sister planet.Venus’s reflective cloud cover makes it one of the brightest in the night sky. In fact these clouds were the very reason astronomers couldn’t see it’s surface.Until 1991-92 when the Magellan orbiter used radar to create a very detailed map.
Venus is covered by a thick, rapidly spinning atmosphere, creating a scorched world with temperatures hot enough to melt lead and a surface pressure 90 times that of Earth. Because of its proximity to Earth and the way its clouds reflect sunlight, Venus appears to be the brightest planet in the sky.
- Is the second closest to the sun.
- The planet’s distance from the sun is 67,237,910 miles (108,208,927 kilometers).
- Length of a year is 225 days.
- It’s length of a day is 5,832 hours.
- The average temperature is 864 degrees Fahrenheit (462 degrees Celsius).