- Pluto is 30% smaller than the Earth’s moon.So is called a dwarf planet.
- It orbits around the kuiper belt where the comets are.
- The surface is in extremely cold conditions.
- Distance from the sun is 3,670,050,000 miles (5,906,380,000 km).
- Length of year is 90,553 days.
- Length of day 153 hours and 18 minutes.
- Minimum temperature -387 degrees Fahrenheit (-233 degrees Celsius).
- Maximum temperature -369 degrees Fahrenheit (-223 degrees Celsius).
- It has a hurricane like storm similar to the the red spot on Jupiter.
- The atmosphere is also made of methane which gives the planet its green blue color.
- Distance from the sun 2,795,084,800 miles (4,498,252,900 kilometers).
- Length of year 60,190 days.
- Length of day 16 hours 7 minutes.
- Average temperature -353 degrees Fahrenheit(-214 degrees Celsius).
- Uranus spins in an axis which points towards the sun.
- The atmosphere is made of methane which gives the planet its green blue color.
- Distance from the sun 1,783,939,400 miles (2,870,972,170 kilometers).
- Length of year 30,687 days.
- Length of day 17 hours 15 minutes.
- Average temperature -357 degrees Fahrenheit(-216 degrees Celsius).
- Saturn is also a gas giant mostly Hydrogen and Helium.
- The fast winds in the upper atmosphere combined with the rising heat causes the planets Yellowish gold banding.
- It is one of the windiest plant.
- The distance from the sun 885,904,700 miles (1,426,725,400 kilometers).
- Length of year 10,759 days.
- length of day 10 hours and 39 minutes.
- Average temperature -288 degrees Fahrenheit(-178 degrees Celsius).
- Also known as the Jovian Giant.
- It is the largest planet in our solar system.
- The atmosphere is mainly Hydrogen and Helium which sort of resembles the sun.
- Distance from the sun 483,682,810 miles (778,412,020 kilometers).
- Length of year 4331 days.
- Length of day 9 hours and 56 minutes.
- Average temperature -234 degrees Fahrenheit (-148 degrees Celsius).
- Asteroids are rocky remains from the formation of the solar system about 4.6 billion years ago.
- There are millions of asteroids in the belt.
- The asteroid belt is between Mars and Jupiter.
- The size of the belt is estimated about a few hundred feet and a few hundred miles in diameter.
- There about four different types of asteroids so far known:
- Ceres these are the largest that they were classified as dwarf planets.
- Gaspra are made up of rocky and metallic minerals.The surface is covered with impact craters which is estimated 200 million years ago.
- Vesta are the third largest it has a very complex surface.
- Eros is the only asteroid with a very odd shape and it is also found out side the main a asteroid belt.
- Comets are clumps of rocks and cold dirty ice.
- They orbit very close to the sun but some of them go past Neptune called the Kuiper belt.
- As the comet goes past the sun it melts a away a bit so a mixture of dust and gas is pushed from the comet by the solar wind.
- The long tail is called a coma.
- The tail always points away from the sun.
- Also known as the red planet.
- This is a small rocky planet with volcanoes, meteor impacts, shifting of the tectonic plates and gigantic dust storms.
- Distance from the sun 141,633,260 miles (227,936,640 kilometers).
- Length of a year 687 days.
- Length of a day 24 hours 37 minutes.
- Minimum temperature -125 degrees Fahrenheit (-87 degrees Celsius).
- Maximum temperature 23 degrees Fahrenheit (-5 degrees Celsius).
- This is our home planet and the only planet which inhabits life.
- It has air, water and land.
- Distance from the sun 92,955,820 miles (149,597,891 kilometers).
- Length of year is 365 days, 6 hours and 16 minutes.
- Length of day 23 hours and 56 minutes.
- Minimum temperature -126 degrees Fahrenheit (-87.8 degrees Celsius).
- Maximum temperature 136 degrees Fahrenheit (57.8 degrees Celsius).
- The atmosphere is made of 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen and 1% of other gases.
- Mercury is the only planet in our solar system which is the closest to the sun.
- It’s distance from the sun is 35,9830,95 miles (57,909,178 kilometers).
- The length of a year is 88 days.
- Length of a day is 1,407 hours and 30 minutes.
- The min temperature is -279 degrees Fahrenheit (-173 degrees Celsius).
- The max temperature is 800 degrees Fahrenheit (430 degrees Celsius).
- Mercury has a diameter of 3,032 (4,880 kilometers).