Venus and Earth are similar in size, mass, density, composition, and distance from the sun.This planet is also known as Earth’s sister planet.Venus’s reflective cloud cover makes it one of the brightest in the night sky. In fact these clouds were the very reason astronomers couldn’t see it’s surface.Until 1991-92 when the Magellan orbiter used radar to create a very detailed map.
Venus is covered by a thick, rapidly spinning atmosphere, creating a scorched world with temperatures hot enough to melt lead and a surface pressure 90 times that of Earth. Because of its proximity to Earth and the way its clouds reflect sunlight, Venus appears to be the brightest planet in the sky.
- Is the second closest to the sun.
- The planet’s distance from the sun is 67,237,910 miles (108,208,927 kilometers).
- Length of a year is 225 days.
- It’s length of a day is 5,832 hours.
- The average temperature is 864 degrees Fahrenheit (462 degrees Celsius).